|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Employee Relations Specialist_PD.pdf (PDF, 224KB)
|Application Close Date:||18-Nov-2016|
- Multi-national company with over 15,000 employees
- Autonomous Employee Relations role
- Location – Sydney or Melbourne CBD
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand, with a growing presence in Asia. Last year, IAG insured over $2 trillion worth of assets, collecting $11.4 billion in premiums and paying out almost $9 billion in claims.
IAG owns some of the region’s most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI, Swann Insurance and partners with Coles Insurance.
About the Role
As an Employee Relations Specialist you will have the opportunity to implement key elements of employee relations strategy and project related initiatives to enhance business success such as workforce transition, mergers and acquisitions.
You will represent IAG before external industrial tribunals/commissions and deal with union officials on matters relating to enterprise agreements and other business decisions. This will include changes in pay, working conditions, disciplinary action, promotions, demotions, transfers, redundancies and terminations.
This is a relationship driven role and you will have the opportunity to mentor and coach advisory service team members to build capability in line with current and emerging service needs and legislative change. The key focus will be to provide specialist advice and assistance, recommend strategies and solutions across a broad range of employee relations issues in line with our People and Culture tiered service delivery model.
Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in law or human resources or related discipline
- Experience appearing at Fair Work Commission and Anti-Discrimination tribunal
- Strong employee relations experience within a corporate environment
- Experience working in a unionised environment
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills
- Excellent stakeholder management and rapport building skills
- Previous experience working within the insurance of financial services industry with an understanding of the regulatory environment and key business drivers is desirable
Culture and Benefits
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options. Visit our website to find out more - www.iag.com.au
How to apply
To submit your interest in this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button below. For more exciting careers at IAG visit our website www.iag.com.au