NSW Sydney All
- Work for one of Australia’s leading general insurers
- Full-time Permanent Opportunity based in Sydney CBD
- 13% Superannuation & Insurance discounts
CGU is one of Australia’s leading commercial, rural and personal lines insurance brands and a major provider of workers compensation insurance. CGU is a part of Insurance Australia Group (IAG), which employs over 15,000 people throughout Australia, New Zealand and Asia.
We are one of the largest workers’ compensation insurers in Australia, partnering with our customers to insure millions of Australian employees. Our flexible, innovative solutions support our customers in reducing workplace injuries and producing sustainable return-to-work outcomes. CGU Workers Compensation offers a collegial atmosphere, where our people support each other through the challenges of our environment.
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Case Manager (Loss Ratio -Mid Term Claims), who is looking for the next step in their career and to further develop their skills and experience. The primary purpose of the Senior Case Manager is to effectively manage a portfolio of Workers Compensation claims with a strategic focus on permanent impairment and relevant entitlement thresholds. The Senior Case Manager has additional responsibilities to support the Team Manager in providing coaching, mentoring and support to case managers. They will be expected to support the Team Manager in ensuring the team is working effectively and to provide an advisory role.
- Effectively manage a portfolio of weekly benefits claims through the development and implementation of key strategies to support injured workers RTW process and injury recovery
- Liaising with key stakeholders including employers, brokers, the Nominal Insurer and external providers.
- Identify risk factors and barriers to achieve successful claim outcomes (RTW, Liability and Work Capacity)
- Preparing and making of Work Capacity Decisions in accordance with relevant legislation and guidelines.
- Accurately determine weekly benefits entitlements, ensuring correct PIAWE are applied.
- Reviewing injured worker’s medical status and treatment requirements ensuring appropriate action plans are in place
- Participate in internal and external case conference (as appropriate)
- Participate in claims reviews through face to face or via teleconference with employers and account managers
- Developing Injury Management Plans in consultation with relevant parties.
- Establish strategic case plans in collaboration with injured worker, their employer and health professionals.
- Providing exceptional customer service to employers. The Senior Case Manager will have relationship management responsibilities for an employer or group of employers.
- Support workers and employers with ongoing case management including timely reimbursement of entitlements
- Provide coaching and support to Case Managers in their development in supporting injured workers to recover and return to work.
- Make timely and appropriate decisions on treatment and support needs, applying a soundly based decision making approach
- Ensure adherence to CGU work practices in support of case management.
- Supporting the Team Manager in achieving overall team targets and objectives and in the implementations of any team/branch initiatives
- Become part of a harmonious team focused on achieving performance excellence
Skills & Experience
- Understanding and prior experience in the management of weekly benefits claims.
- Previous experience in a health or personal injury claims setting, particularly in a Workers Compensation setting
- Understanding injury or illness and recovery pathways including potential barriers to return to work
- Experience in managing personal injury claims, particularly in a Workers Compensation setting
- Applied knowledge in the making of Work Capacity Decisions
- Ideally have an understanding of Allied Health (through studies or practical application)
- Experienced in utilising motivational interaction or similar communication styles
- Written and verbal communication skills, including communicating with people who maybe distressed or frustrated
- Strong customer focus and demonstrates a drive for results
- Ability to coach, mentor and positively influence junior team members offering advice and expertise
Culture & Benefits
When you join CGU we will invest in your career development, and you’ll find a workplace culture you will be proud to be part of. We place great value on supporting diversity and inclusion in the workplace, providing flexibility for our employees and giving back to the community. Visit our website for more information about our rewards.
How to apply
To submit your interest in this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button below and submit your resume and cover letter. For other exciting careers at IAG please visit our website www.iag.com.au