|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Senior Underwriter.docx (Word, 39KB)
|Application Close Date:||26-Oct-2016|
- Permanent, Full-Time Role
- Location: Sydney
- Diverse & Inclusive Workplace
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand, with a growing presence in Asia. Last year, IAG insured over $2 trillion worth of assets, collecting $11.4 billion in premiums and paying out almost $9 billion in claims.
IAG owns some of the region’s most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance (Australia)
About the Role
As a key member of the Professional Risks Underwriting Team, this role is accountable for providing technical underwriting, referral management, portfolio analysis, support and guidance across the PRI specialist portfolio area.
You will also be responsible for identifying long term strategic opportunities that will support the delivery of national initiatives for PRI products.
- Providing technical underwriting guidance and direction on the PRI portfolio to Sales and Service staff as well as Intermediaries.
- Support the development and technical uplift of the Relationship Management teams and other Underwriting staff as required.
- Ensuring high quality underwriting of complex/large risks and thereby achieve profitable results.
- Evaluation of standard PI & D&O risks requires skills. It involves analysis of professional duties, financial statements and research of company portfolios on the web.
- Senior Underwriters may also be engaged in discussion with Re-insurers and Senior Managers within the business unit on terms for complex or large risks.
Skills & Experience:
- An insurance qualification, e.g. ANZIF Cert IV, and/or Tertiary degree (Preferred)
- Fellowship or Graduate Diploma of ANZIIF (preferred)
- Solid experience in PI & D&O Underwriting (essential)
- Demonstrated track record of achieving results (essential)
Culture & Benefits
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options - visit our website to find out more.
How to Apply
To submit your interest in this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button below.