|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Position Description Consultant - Settlements Insurer.docx (Word, 45KB)
|Application Close Date:||17-Feb-2017|
- One of Australia’s leading general insurers
- Permanent full-time roles based in Essendon
- Performance Incentives & Rewards
About the Company
Insurance Australia Group Limited (IAG) is the parent company of a general insurance group with controlled operations in Australia, New Zealand and Asia, employing over 15,000 people. IAG is the name behind some of the most trusted and respected general insurance brands providing a wide range of products to protect the homes, lifestyles and businesses of our millions of customers.
About the role
In this role you will manage a settlements portfolio in a fair, professional and proactive manner to achieve the best commercial outcomes whilst ensuring that legislative requirements and policy directives are adhered to.
These are the skills and experience we are looking for:
- Negotiate settlements with other parties direct and other party insurance companies to achieve the best commercial outcomes
- Discuss /negotiate settlement options with other parties
- Analyse claims information, validate claims and identify the priorities for settlements or negotiation
- Investigate and make decisions on complex liability issues
- Prior experience in Insurance will be beneficial
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to prioritise
- Experience in a role dealing with customers where negotiation is important
- In-depth knowledge of the claims process
- Understanding of insurance legislation
- This role would suit customer service and claims professionals wanting to take the next step in their career with one of Australia’s largest insurance employers.
Culture and Benefits
When you join IAG we will invest in your career development, and you’ll find a workplace culture you will be proud to be part of. We place great value on supporting diversity and inclusion in the workplace, providing flexibility for our employees and giving back to the community. Visit our website for more information about our rewards.
How to apply
To submit your interest in this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button.
For more exciting careers at IAG visit our website at www.iag.com/careers