NSW Sydney All
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||25-Oct-2016|
- Join a company where strong relationships are our foundation
- Diverse & Inclusive workplace
- Flexible working environment
Digital Labs has an important role to play in helping IAG drive growth and profitability in pursuit of our purpose.
By rapidly innovating; embracing lean concepts and new disruptive technologies; building new ecosystems and simplifying our core engineering platforms, the teams will reach IAG’s goal of ultimately helping make your world a safer place.
We are committed to creating a flexible and inclusive work environment that supports all our People to reach their potential. Where possible, we will make every effort to accommodate flexible working practices. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you.
With a mindset for all things quality, you will have knowledge across architecture disciplines, application development methodologies, tools and modern DevOps.
To be successful in this role, you will be confident, passionate about quality (not just about testing), have an Agile background and be ready for a challenge!
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to help teams understand quality patterns, techniques and tools to promote Continuous Delivery.
The Quality Coach helps platforms create an Operational Testing Model with respect to quality phases in the delivery lifecycle. You will be in charge of helping platforms understand IAG Digital Labs that support our strategic approaches towards Continuous delivery.
- Responsibility 1:
- Define and evangelise quality principles, patterns and guidelines – 50%
- Responsibility 2:
- Contribute to a high performing teams – 25%
- Responsibility 3:
- Strategy & planning – 10%
- Responsibility 4:
- Thought Leadership and Influencing Decisions – 15%
- Define a quality testing strategy on a platform level by working with the platform to develop an operation model.
- Drive cultural and technological change towards modern QA techniques through coaching and training.
- Support our core goal of platform autonomy with alignment, through advocating modern testing and automation techniques.
- Assist in driving capability uplift in at a platform level.
- Achieve Continuous Delivery by providing thought leadership in the Quality Assurance Guild and actively participate in shaping release controls together with the Release Choreography and Continuous Delivery practice functions.
These are the skills and experience we’re looking for:
- Substantial relevant IT industry experience within a testing team in a complex technology operating environment.
- Adaptive leadership, you get the importance of taking people with you along the journey and are able to influence and coach those around you to orchestrate team success.
- Understanding and experience of building quality in to a development and CD process.
- Experience working as a Quality Coach to help teams improve their practices to build quality in as opposed to testing it at the end.
- Must be independent and self-directed but able to work and lead a team of both technical individuals.
- Knowledge across architecture disciplines, application development methodologies, tools and modern DevOps.
- Extensive experience in defining Test Strategies along the entire testing lifecycle.
- Extensive experience in quality from a performance and security along the entire testing lifecycle.
- Experience in test automation techniques, patterns and tooling have worked with Infrastructure and Data teams to help build up necessary test environments and test data as required.
Culture & Benefits
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options. Visit our website to find out more.
How to Apply
To submit your interest in this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button below or contact Claire on 02 9292 33636 for a confidential discussion.