|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||11-Nov-2016|
- Join a company where strong relationships are our foundation
- Newcastle location
- Role includes tool of trade vehicle
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand, with a growing presence in Asia. Last year, IAG insured over $2 trillion worth of assets, collecting $11.4 billion in premiums and paying out almost $9 billion in claims.
IAG owns some of the region’s most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance (Australia); NZI, State and AMI (New Zealand); Safety and NZI (Thailand); AAA Assurance (Vietnam); and Parolamas (Indonesia). IAG also has general insurance joint ventures in Malaysia, India and China.
We currently have several permanent roles available due to an expansion within the assessing department. This role will see you use your technical expertise to assess motor vehicles to ensure a fair and reasonable outcome for all relevant stakeholders involved. If you want to get out of the workshop and into an office environment then bring your energy and knowledge of dealing with customers then apply right away.
Your key focus in the role will be to assess motor vehicles claims, inspecting damage and using your trade experience to determine repair costs as fair and reasonable, correct method of repair established, negotiating total loss settlements. Customer service and people interaction are a large part of this role. As such, it’s important that you’re a team player with a personable communication style, and the confidence to act as a negotiator and problem solver for issues between IAG, our customers and repairers.
These are the skills and experience we're looking for
- Demonstrate strong technical experience in the motor vehicle repair industry
- Previous quoting or assessing experience within the smash repair industry would be an advantage
- Experience working as a motor assessor or working in the Motor Vehicle Repair Industry
- Possess motor vehicle trade qualification
- Excellent customer focus, negotiation and communication skills
- Have the ability to perform collectively with peers in a team environment
- You will have strong fraud detection, decision-making and conflict management skills
Culture & Benefits
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options. Visit our website to find out more.
How to Apply
To submit your interest in this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button below. For more exciting careers at IAG, visit our website.