|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| Natural Peril Research Assistant PD.docx (Word, 48KB)
|Application Close Date:||28-Oct-2016|
Natural Perils Research Assistant
- Sydney CBD Location
- Part-time option available
- Technical and market leading team
Insurance Australia Group Limited (IAG) is the parent company of a general insurance group with controlled operations in Australia, New Zealand and Asia, employing over 15,000 people. IAG is the name behind some of the most trusted and respected general insurance brands providing a wide range of products to protect the homes, lifestyles and businesses of our millions of customers.
We currently have an exciting 8 month contract opportunity for a passionate assistant who likes to working with people, exploring data and learning new analysis approaches. As part of our highly-motivated Natural Perils team, you will have the opportunity to play a valuable role supporting IAG's Australian and International insurance businesses.
Key Responsibilities -
You will improve IAG natural peril research by sourcing valuable datasets, keeping aware of developments in data availability collection and providing analysis support.
- Finding and collecting data valuable for geospatial/ natural hazard analysis, by working directly with external organisations.
- Coordinating licencing and review of new datasets by managing a processes and engaging the team.
- Assist team with geospatial / natural hazard analysis under guidance.
- Recommend alternatives to current processes.
Skills & Experience
- Graduate degree/ diploma with courses covering topics such as data management, geography, science, GIS and/or natural perils or relevant administration and analysis work experience
- Demonstrated quick learning of new software and processes
- 2+ years’ experience in science, GIS, insurance, natural perils or related industries
- Skills in negotiating and working with data or service suppliers
Culture & Benefits
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options. Visit our website to find out more.
How to Apply
To submit your interest in this role, please click ‘Apply’ button below and submit your cover letter and resume.