Digital Business Analyst | VIC Melbourne All
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Digital BA Partner Digital.docx (Word, 40KB)
|Application Close Date:||24-May-2018|
#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER
This role sits within the Chief Digital Office. As a digital business analyst, you will be responsible for assisting with the development and growth of digital platforms that face our customers, partners and internal staff. As part of this role, you will work closely with both business and technology stakeholders to develop fit for purpose solutions for our online customers and internal staff.
The successful candidate for this position would be a mid level business analyst with a strong background working on customer facing digital solutions and exposure to a digital ecosystem and concepts like user experience, customer testing and agile delivery.
- Create and review user stories, design artefacts, acceptance criteria
- Analyse business and legislative requirements and determine appropriate solutions
- Identify business risks and collaborate to facilitate conflict resolution
- Build relationships and strategic partnerships with key stakeholders
- Recommend ways to best maximize the value of digital initiatives
- Identify opportunities for enhancement of our white-labelled digital proposition
Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of experience as a business analyst in development of customer facing digital platforms or mobile solutions for online customers
- Exposure to UX and CX initiatives (mandatory)
- Ability to produce functional and non-functional requirements, user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Proven ability to engage with stakeholders; including technical teams, partnering staff members and customers
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Passion for using an innovative approach for problem solving
- Prior experience within agile project environments, teams and practices
- Background in financial services industry would be advantageous
- Tertiary qualification in IT or business would be beneficial, but is not mandatory
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand, with a growing presence in Asia. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.