Java Developer - 6 month contract | NSW Sydney All
|Position Type:||Day Rate Contractor|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||18-Nov-2018|
#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER
Our Java Developer will join our Customer & Location Services team who work to deliver innovative solutions for IAG by contributing thought-leading analysis, design, development and support of the Customer & Location Services team using agile methods and processes.
The role of our Java Developers is to influence, introduce & refine processes and practices with the view to deliver rapid yet reliable solutions, promoting DevOps ways of working.
The location for this role will be based at 201 Sussex St, Sydney. This is 6-month contract (daily rate).
- Technical design & development for key IAG applications
- Provision of elegant design solutions that satisfy functional, performance and quality requirements
- Remove roadblocks as well as identifying technical risks
- DevOps & automation
- Automate operational processes using tools like Puppet & Ansible
- Use containerisation technology such as Docker, Rancher, Kubernetes to improve infrastructure efficiency and enable faster delivery
Skills & Experience
- Working experience as a Java (Spring) Developer in an enterprise environment
- Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills, solution orientated
- Ability to adapt to new technical skills and methodologies
- Exposure to agile practices including lean design & development techniques
- Exposure to the Oracle, DB2, Postgres databases
- Experience using testing frameworks such as Junit, JMeter, Mockito
- Experience with tools such as Puppet, Ansible, Docker & Rancher
- Have excellent Linux administration skills
- Experience with continuous integration & continuous delivery tools such as Bamboo / Jenkins
- Knowledge & exposure to cloud technologies such as AWS
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. We own some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC and WFI.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.