Principal, Business Partnering - Strategic, Part-time | NSW Sydney All
|Position Type:||Part Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||28-May-2019|
#Closer #Braver #Faster
- Business Partnering – programs
- Part-time position
- Sydney Preferred
We currently have a NEW exciting opportunity in People & Culture for a part-time Principal Strategic Business Partner to join IAG's People & Culture, Business Partnering team. In this role you will act as the P&C representative for a significant business program, providing trusted advice & executive coaching as well as engaging other areas of our P&C community as required to support the project timeline. Key initiatives include supporting project plans and linking critical program deliverables with milestones in the annual calendar of people activities. You will engage P&C colleagues/specialists as required to support program activities.
The successful candidate will leverage their proven experience across project management, executive coaching and strategy to build capability to support the business program. You will be collaborative, and customer focused with a demonstrated ability to think commercially and influence at all levels. A key challenge in this role will be your ability to balance specialist expert advice to Executive leaders to influence and inform decision making while engaging a broad stakeholder group and manage complexity in a large matrix environment.
- In partnership with Program and Business leadership teams, ensure the effective creation and implementation of the people elements of the project plans, monitor and refine as required, to ensure alignment to the IAG strategy
- Provide specialist expert advice to leaders on a range of people activities (talent management, succession, organisational design, workforce planning, restructure, culture) to influence and inform decision making.
- Identify program people risk and issues and develop mitigation plans
- Coaching leaders to deliver on measurable people aspects of the project plans
- Engage P&C specialists as required to support program activities
- Support scoping of programs across IAG as required
- Identify, recommend and drive approved and prioritised people initiatives that support our pursuit to build a workforce equipped for the future.
- Use strategic data and insights to advise and influence the business in decision making and shaping the people experience
Skills & Experience
- 5-10 years' experience working in either Human Resources or people leadership in complex enterprise environments
- Effective P&C strategic partnering with Executive & Senior Leader teams
- Strong time management and project management experience, demonstrating a balance operational vs strategic priority in line with business priorities
- Demonstrated ability to assess and link strategic goals with operational decisions
- Ability to build and maintain collaborative and mutually beneficial partnerships with key stakeholders to deliver business outcomes
- Ability to work with ambiguity and complexity, engage broadly and communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders within IAG and externally to understand developing trends and best practice while translating to practical application.
- An energetic, commercial and pragmatic approach to profitable growth and sustainability of the business.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life
experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC and WFI.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.