Manager, Assurance | NSW Sydney Inner
|Category:||Risk and Compliance|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD - Risk Assurance Manager.docx (Word, 59KB)
|Application Close Date:||15-May-2019|
- Leadership opportunity
- Full Time
About the Role
A Full-Time opportunity has become available for a Risk Assurance Manager to join IAG's Group Risk team based in Sydney and Melbourne.
This role is responsible for leading the planning and delivery of a portfolio of assurance reviews across IAG Business Units, establishing systems of work to facilitate effective assurance activity and people leadership responsibilities for 2-4 people.
You will oversee the delivery of the portfolio, with a focus on driving portfolio level outcomes. You will require a high level of interpersonal and influencing skills, as well as the ability to converse technically with senior stakeholders regarding ongoing appropriateness of risk based assurance activities.
- Responsible for direction and achievement of assurance objectives to be delivered from a portfolio of planned reviews. This includes: development of proposed risk based assurance activity and objectives; execution of assurance plan through appropriate scheduling, resourcing and stakeholder engagement; and maintain a matrix view on risk assurance data points.
- Driving engagement with relevant stakeholders across risk and first line.
- Providing direction to the assurance team executing the activity, objectively challenging conclusions and recommendations to provide commercial value.
- Responsible for the overall conclusions arising from assurance activity across the allocated portfolio.
- Report on progress and results of assurance activity to Risk Leadership teams, management and to relevant governance bodies.
- Cultivate a culture of innovation that supports the ongoing refinement and improvements.
- Coach and mentor your team and provide a positive, collaborative team culture.
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualification/s in business, legal, mathematics or technology related fields.
- Substantial Financial Services experience (General Insurance) industry experience - preferably large multi-jurisdiction/international and cross regulated organisations.
- Experience working in a large multi-jurisdiction/internal and cross regulated organisation.
- Proven successful Assurance delivery experience: audit | large change programmes | financial services.
- Relevant industry specialism or professional qualifications e.g.: IIA, ICCA,CPA, Lean 6 Sigma, CISA, RMIA, ISACA, ITIL, ANZIFF etc.
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop a team.
- Business and commercial acumen and strong analytical skills.
- Capability to build strong working relationship, through collaboration across functions and broader groups to reach common approaches.
- Proven ability to work autonomously, drive for results and keep abreast of changes in external environment and translate into internal environment.
- Experience managing concurrent assignments, driving results and delivering successful outcomes.
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand, with a growing presence in Asia. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.