Senior Compliance Specialist | NSW Sydney All
|Category:||Risk and Compliance|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Senior Compliance Specialist.docx (Word, 59KB)
|Application Close Date:||26-Apr-2019|
#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER
The purpose of the role and your unique contribution is to provide independent and specialist advice, monitoring and challenge in respect of compliance risk and to oversee the implementation of fit for purpose Regulatory and Compliance frameworks and policies that ensure IAG complies with the regulatory requirements and the letter as well as the intent of the law.
The role contributes to the assessment of compliance and regulatory risks by comparing external horizon risks with internal readiness and fitness of compliance. The role, in close collaboration with other subject matter areas, supports work related to the compliance attestations, compliance risk assessment processes, regulatory and breach notifications.
- Advise and oversee stakeholder use of IAG's compliance systems including accuracy and completeness of obligations feeding into IAG's compliance register incorporating current and emerging regulatory and legislative requirements;
- Influencing first and second line stakeholders in the articulation and consideration of compliance risk in a way that influences business decisions;
- Through the Risk Business Partners, provide technical compliance advice to the front line and upstream to business and executive leaders;
- Support the provision of advice on, and support of IAG's submissions to regulatory change;
- Regular engagement with other strategic regulatory roles outside of CUO and Specialised Risk to ensure future trends in regulation are considered within IAG's Compliance planning
- Manage compliance incidents, errors and breach management processes
- Assess compliance breaches independently for materiality, escalating where required and recommending any external/internal reporting and remediation steps for breaches deemed as material by the letter, intent or spirit of the law
- Support the design and roll out of the Compliance Uplift Program across IAG within the agreed program deadlines
- Build organisational capability and responsiveness
- Promote a strong compliance culture within the business
- Provide guidance and coaching to 1LOD compliance specialists
- Participate collaboratively in cross group / program risk forums and initiatives to ensure alignment and develop / share best practice
- Translate emerging regulatory trends and changes into proactive advice to the first line teams, ensuring adequate and timely response to any required changes
Skills & Experience
- Extensive experience (7 years+) in a Risk and / or compliance function within financial services;
- Broad understanding of core industry legislation;
- Strong experience with regulatory and legislative frameworks, including interaction with and influence of external regulators and industry bodies
- Highly organised, with high attention to detail and forward planning.
- Able to work autonomously across a variety of duties
- Developed communication and influencing attributes / skills
- Ability to condense complex data points, themes and trends into simple and focused advice.
- Proven ability to observe regulatory change and translate into an internal environment.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand, with a growing presence in Asia. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.