Consultant, WCRS | WA Perth Inner
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||05-May-2019|
#Closer #Braver #Faster
The key focus of the 12 month fixed term Consultant role is to provide a high level of claims management service to injured workers and their employers. Specifically, you will partner with the employer, injured worker, health care providers and other service providers, handling the entire claims process for a portfolio of employers. The aim is to return injured workers back to health and work, whilst also working to reduce scheme liabilities through making appropriate liability decisions.
- Effectively manage a portfolio of claims through the development of key strategies to effectively reduce liabilities
- Support workers and employers with ongoing case management and injury management strategies including timely reimbursement of entitlements
- Deliver timely claim closures through effective case conferencing and completion of associated actions
- Ensure adherence to CGU work practices in support of case management
- Become part of a harmonious team focused on achieving performance excellence
Skills & Experience
- Strong customer service and administration experience (essential)
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills (essential)
- Claims management experience (Workers Compensation, Motor Accident Compensation, RTW Coordinator, etc.) or an understanding of injury and claims management concepts (desirable)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Conflict resolution skills and ability to make decisions within company guidelines
- The confidence to engage and negotiate with a broad range of stakeholders including injured workers, employers, medical practitioners and service providers
- The ability to understand and apply relevant legislation
- The ability to manage your time effectively to prioritise tasks and complete work within specific time frames
- An ability to work well within a team environment and work with initiative
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC and WFI.
Start your career journey and join an inclusive culture that celebrates YOU!
We offer 13% superannuation, flexible work and leave options. To find out more, click Apply.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.