Liability Underwriter | NSW Sydney All
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||05-May-2019|
#Closer #Braver #Faster
Starting as soon as possible we have the opportunity for Underwriters to join CGU as a part of our Liability Underwriting team. As a part of our team you will provide a professional and efficient service by taking on all aspects of client underwriting. This role would suit someone who is looking to develop their insurance career, ideally with an insurance background with experience in underwriting or liability. We are an ambitious team and work together to achieve successful market outcomes for the larger CGU business.
CGU is a leading commercial, rural and personal lines insurer and a top-three provider of workers compensation insurance. We distribute our extensive range of market-leading products through more than 1,000 brokers, agents and selected financial institution and affinity partners.
- Accurate and timely management of new business, renewals and broker/relationship liaison
- Underwrite insurance in market area by researching and assessing new business to understand risk
- Collaborate and engage with the team to provide guidance as appropriate as well as take responsibility for personal development
- Support the management of the Liability portfolio across underwriting processing and credit management, new business negotiation and general renewal underwriting
Skills & Experience
- 2-5 years' experience in underwriting
- Previous exposure to liability insurance in broking & general insurance operations will also be considered & highly desirable
- A positive attitude and proactive work manner
- Demonstrated ability to show professionalism towards customers, brokers and the team
- Strong interpersonal and organisation skills with keen attention to detail
- The ability to problem solve and assess effectively and independently
- You will need to have sound computer literacy which includes the ability to pick up new information quickly and manage multiple programs at once
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC and WFI.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.