Communications Adviser | NSW Sydney All
|Category:||Risk and Compliance|
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| Employee Comunications ? Risk Transformation Program.DOCX (Word, 55KB)
|Application Close Date:||07-May-2019|
#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER
The purpose of this role is to be the key employee communications lead for IAG's Risk Transformation Program (RTP). The role has responsibility for developing internal communications strategies, developing content for internal stakeholders, identifying and mitigating potential reputational risks (associated with the RTP) and acting as a key internal communications lead for the program.
- Develop and implement a communications strategy, in partnership with the RTP Program Director, to raise awareness of the project and share relevant project milestones and initiatives
- Ensure project messages and approach are aligned to the overarching Corporate Affairs Strategy, external media positioning and the existing Employee Communications Strategy.
- Provide strategic employee communications advice to the RTP Program Director, and the wider RTP team
- Proactively identify reputational or cultural issues which may impact people across the organisation
- Work closely with relevant change and communications resources to develop and implement change and transformation strategies to deliver on RTP
- Support the RTP Program Director and other members of the program team in developing the narrative and approach to update and inform senior business stakeholders
- Provide communication counsel and support to key business and project stakeholders
- Act as the key employee communications contact on the RTP working group and attend all relevant project meetings, stand-ups and briefings
- Work in partnership with the existing employee communications business partners to share relevant RTP messages through the appropriate channels
Skills & Experience
- At least 10 years relevant industry experience
- Strong communication skills, particularly writing and verbal communications
- Strong understanding of internal communication channels
- Understanding of the financial services environment, and the crucial role of risk
- Initiative and a can-do attitude
- Attention to detail
- Systems thinker – able to connect the dots and work in complex transformation programs
- Experience as an internal communications professional in a large corporate environment
- University qualifications
- Ability to use intranet, internal social platforms and excel in Word, Powerpoint and Outlook
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand, with a growing presence in Asia. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.