Consultant - Corporate Communications | NSW Sydney Inner
|Category:||Marketing, Communications and Corporate Affairs|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Corporate Comms Consultant final.docx (Word, 55KB)
|Application Close Date:||26-Apr-2019|
- Permanent opportunity based in Sydney
- Gain exposure to a wide range of stakeholders
- Work alongside a passionate Communications team
The purpose of the role is to provide support to IAG's broader corporate communications team with a focus on social media, media relations and general external corporate communications for IAG and its brands. You will also be accountable for ensuring reputational issues impacting the business are proactively identified and tracked across all channels.
This position has a strong developmental focus with the aim to build on your existing skills and give you exposure to communications targeting a wide variety of audiences and communication streams.
- Take accountability for the day to day management of social media channels including publishing, monitoring and community response.
- Manage IAG's social content calendar, helping to identify opportunities and milestones which can be leveraged for IAG and its brands.
- Monitor social and traditional media coverage of IAG, its brands and industry to identify potential risks
- Support the Corporate Affairs team in managing issues, working across the business to deliver timely communications
- Initiate and manage stakeholders and content for IAG and its brands advocacy programs, which may include preparing media releases, social media content, event support, media logistics and reporting.
- Manage the IAG Newsroom
Skills & Experience
- A passion for learning
- Some previous experience working in Marketing, Public Affairs or a Communications agency would be highly desirable
- Strong interest in current affairs and external factors which may impact our brands and the environment we operate in
- Solid research skills with the ability to present findings in written reports, PowerPoint and graphs
- An adaptable written communication style
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to use your initiative and have a can-do growth mindset
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand, with a growing presence in Asia. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.
Applicantions will close on Friday 26th April