Lawyer - Agility | NSW Sydney Inner
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| General Commercial Lawyer Agility - PD on a Page -2019.docx (Word, 57KB)
|Application Close Date:||26-Apr-2019|
- 2 Permanent opportunities
- Sydney or Melbourne
- Opportunity to join a forward thinking, high performing in-house team
We currently have an exciting position for two Lawyers to join our Agility Legal team in Sydney or Melbourne on a full time permanent basis.
You will be joining a team of 8 Lawyers who work provide an agile and cross functional in-house service to key business partners. In this role you will have the opportunity to build a deep understanding of business drivers and strategic priorities as you provide legal, compliance and governance advice.
- Delivering high quality legal services in a timely manner, including initiating and providing strategic counsel, legal risk management and legal project management services.
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on contractual matters, marketing collateral reviews and other divisional projects.
- Proactively build knowledge on business drivers and strategic priorities in order to deliver a first class, customer centric service
- Continually contributing to improvement of work systems and processes within your team and across the broader Legal Board Services (LBS) function.
- Contributing actively and effectively to the execution of the LBS Business Plan
- Perform their role consistently with their duty to the court and the administration of justice and deliver legal services objectively, competently and diligently, as set out in the Legal Profession Uniform Law Australian Solicitors' Conduct Rules 2015
Skills & Experience
- Qualifications in Law, with a current Australian practicing certificate
- Legal practice experience required in the areas of corporate/ general commercial at top tier private practice or financial services company, 3-6 years PQE
- Ability to build genuine, trusted stakeholder relationships
- Well-developed communication skills with the ability to convey complex business and legal issues to a range of audiences
- Adaptability to work across several diverse business functions in a quickly changing external environment
- Ability to triage multiple priority and use your initiative to deliver solutions as part of our small but cohesive team
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand, with a growing presence in Asia. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.