Principal Analyst - Actuarial Reserving | NSW Sydney All
|Category:||Actuarial and Statistical|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD Principal Analyst Reserving .docx (Word, 52KB)
|Application Close Date:||06-Apr-2019|
#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER
Actuarial Benefits at IAG
- Empowered to contribute and improve IAG Group Reserving, as well as individual portfolio's business decisions
- Supported Actuarial study leave
- Future growth opportunities - Pricing, Claims, Risk and Product Management
- Flexible work – work from home / compressed work hours / secondments
- 13% Superannuation
The role will focus on providing actuarial advice on the monitoring, reserving and pricing of the CTP portfolios. For this role the key challenge is working within a complex business with multiple portfolios and stakeholders to provide accurate, relevant and timely analysis which will influence business decisions.
- The full reserving process for your allocated portfolios – data, experience analysis, modelling, recommendations and stakeholder reporting;
- Contribute to pricing decisions and production of rate filings;
- Contribute to the successful delivery of various initiatives within Group Actuarial. Identify opportunities for streamlining processes where possible; and
- Contribute to the technical development of other members of the team and foster knowledge sharing.
Skills & Experience
- Experience with traditional reserving techniques for general insurance classes
- Experience in statistical modelling and programming highly valued
- Strong communication skills, including presenting to non-technical audiences.
- Experience operating and delivering results in a matrix environment and leveraging relationships to influence and drive outcomes.
IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance. At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
Enhance your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.