Principal Analyst/Senior Analyst | NSW Sydney All
|Category:||Actuarial and Statistical|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Senior Actuarial Analyst.docx (Word, 50KB)
|Application Close Date:||26-Apr-2019|
#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER
An exciting opportunity has emerged in Group Actuarial for a Principal Analyst/Senior Analyst to join the Insurance Liabilities & Reinsurance Valuation Team.
The role involves direct advisory of key personnel across Group functions as well as support and production of high quality reports for the Board and Audit Committee.
The position provides opportunity to develop specialised knowledge in reinsurance valuations and Group wide considerations (e.g. Group diversification). Participation in special projects at Group level can also be expected (e.g. Mergers & Acquisition, Divestments, Group Reinsurance).
Autonomy is given to develop solutions and advice while having access to support from Senior Managers and the Chief Actuary.
The successful candidate will also be expected to contribute to the technical development of other members of the team and foster knowledge sharing to enable best practice within IAG's actuarial community as well as the wider Group.
- Perform and review insurance valuation for IAG's reinsurance internal and external contracts
- Analyse and explain trends in claim experience for external reinsurers
- Assist in timely production of high quality actuarial reports for the Board including ILVR, FCR, Board Quarterly Monitoring Report
- Review and understand insurance liabilities valuation models used by various portfolio actuaries across the Group
- Contribute to the successful delivery of non-valuation specific initiatives within Group
- Identify opportunities for streamlining processes where possible
- Conduct industry studies/investigations on macro trends to assist portfolio actuaries in model assumptions (e.g. superimposed inflation, claim handling expenses)
- Mentoring and coaching of analysts across the Group Actuarial team
Skills & Experience
- Experience with traditional reserving and pricing techniques for general insurance classes
- Experience in statistical modelling and programming highly valued
- Strong analytical skill together with understanding of technical accounting and reinsurance contracts
- Strong communication skills, including presenting to non-technical audiences
- Experience operating within a team to deliver common goals
- Ideally progressing in the professional actuarial exams
- Tertiary education in Actuarial or other relevant technical field (e.g. Statistics, Finance, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics)
Actuarial Benefits at IAG
- Future growth opportunities - Pricing, Claims, Risk and Product Management
- Flexible work – work from home / compressed work hours / secondments
- 13% Superannuation
- Supported Actuarial study leave
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand, with a growing presence in Asia. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.