Motor Assessor | NSW Sydney All
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||02-Mar-2019|
#Closer #Braver #Faster
Starting as soon as possible, we have permanent full time positions available for Motor Assessors to join our assessing department in various locations across the Sydney Metropolitan area. This role will see you use your technical expertise to assess motor vehicles to ensure a fair and reasonable outcome for all relevant stakeholders involved in automotive claims. If you want to get out of the workshop and into an office environment, then bring your energy and knowledge of dealing with customers and apply right away. In addition to all IAG benefits, we will provide you with a tool of trade vehicle in this role.
- Your key focus in the role will be to assess motor vehicle claims, inspecting damage and using your trade experience to determine repair costs as fair and reasonable, correct method of repair established, negotiating total loss settlements
- Customer service and people interaction are a large part of this role
- It is important that you're a team player with a personable communication style, as we work collaboratively in office and in the field to ensure fair and reasonable outcomes
- At times you will act as a negotiator and problem solver for issues between IAG, our customers and repairers
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrate strong technical experience in the motor vehicle repair industry
- Previous quoting or assessing experience within the smash repair industry would be an advantage
- Experience working as a motor assessor or working in the Motor Vehicle Repair Industry
- Possess relevant motor vehicle trade qualification (spray painting, panel beating, mechanic)
- Excellent customer focus, negotiation and communication skills
- Ability to perform collectively with peers in a team environment
- You will have strong fraud detection, decision-making and conflict management skills
- Current valid driving licence
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC and WFI.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.