Property Assessor - Technical | NSW Regional All
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||02-May-2019|
#CLOSER #FASTER #BRAVER
- Sydney based full time opportunity
- 13% Superannuation,10%STI Bonus,50%Discounted Insurance
- Tools of the trade – Vehicle, phone, laptop
Are you a Carpenter with a strong trades background? Are you looking to join a growing field base team of customer facing Assessors? We have a great opportunity to get off the tools but still utilise your valuable knowledge to make a difference to our customers in the Sydney metro area. To be successful in this position, you need to have clear communication skills, the ability to make decisions and follow set processes to ensure our customers claims can be dealt with smoothly.
You will be able to work autonomously, be self-motivated to achieve your KPIS and comfortable producing detailed assessment reports and scopes of works for our claims consultants back at head office.
- Represent IAG with the highest integrity and professionalism
- Assess customers domestic property claims
- Produce and submit timely assessment reports
- Write and validate scopes of works
- Ensure all authorised works are completed to satisfactory standards and within the agreed costs of works
- Provide exceptional customer service by clearly communicating assessment processes and timeframes
- Strong commitment and adherence to workplace health and safety procedures
- Share ideas towards continuous improvements with our wider diverse workforce
Keys skills and experience required
- Trade Certificate or a Builders licence required
- Onsite experience in remedial or restorative building repairs or construction background
- Experience in preparing medium to large loss Scope of Works and repair schedule management/supervision
- Current Driver's license
- Clear, confident communications skills
- Genuine down to earth personality, with the ability to be a trusted, professional representative of IAG
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Be computer literate with the ability to log assessments reports online
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. We own some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC and WFI.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.