Claims Consultant | NSW Sydney North
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||17-Feb-2019|
#Closer #Braver #Faster
We currently have an opportunity for a Claims Consultant to join the Strata Unit Underwriting business located in our North Sydney offices.
Strata Unit Underwriters (SUU) is a subsidiary of CGU Insurance Limited and a leading provider of quality insurance products associated with strata title and similar type schemes within the Australian insurance market. We are skilled and experienced strata insurance professionals as specialists in our field, and our objective is to excel in all aspects of strata.
You will manage a portfolio of claims, liaising with key stakeholders and processing claims in accordance to SUU polices and time frames. This position will provide systems and policy training, as well as mentoring and ongoing development.
- Proactive end-to-end management of strata claims with a focus on meeting customer expectations and service level agreements
- Liaise with all relevant parties to provide regular updates on the progress of claims
- Respond to customer inquiries over the phone and via email
- Conduct evaluations and investigatory tasks by gathering and documenting relevant information
- Assist team members and identify opportunities for process improvement to support team achievements and goals
Skills & Experience
- Previous claims handling experience (essential)
- Property claims handling experience (desirable)
- Strong attention to detail, excellent customer service skills and a passion for helping people
- Computer skills and ability to navigate multiple computer systems
- Attentive and confident when liaising with customers and service providers
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life
experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me - we value difference, not sameness
#Together - harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes - it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand, with a growing presence in Asia. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.