Specialist, Consumer Pricing | National
|Category:||Pricing and Underwriting|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||17-Feb-2019|
#CLOSER #FASTER #BRAVER
- CBD Sydney or CBD Melbourne based
- Flexible work arrangments
- 13% Superannuation + 50% Insurance Discounts
The Consumer Pricing Specialist role will play an integral part in the success of the Consumer Pricing team. The role will be responsible for delivering the “go market” pricing on all IAG personal line products. This role is required to identify opportunities to drive profitable growth within our NRMA/RACV/SGIO/SGIC and CGU Partner Brands, using a unique pricing and analysis skillset overlayed with commercial judgement. This will involve balancing volume and price to achieve an ‘optimised' pricing outcome.
In this role, you will be working closely with the Customer Segment Executive Managers and portfolio management teams to design pricing strategies and develop the desirable “go market” price positions. All while demonstrating Closer, Braver, Faster and lived by the values of our spirit.
- Manage the approach to recognise, anticipate and resolve pricing issues and deliver pricing strategies in Motor, Home and Niche products of our personal line products
- Utilise the technical pricing models to drive pricing outcomes, overlaying elasticity models and competitor price movements to achieve margin and growth targets.
- Monitor portfolio performance, identify emerging trends and drivers and provide tactical pricing recommendations to deliver profitable growth in target segments
- Contribute valuable insights into the strategic portfolio planning (SPM) discussions and actively support he execution of pricing strategies.
- Build strong relationship with all aspects of the business, especially with Portfolio management team, Customer Labs, Reserving, Finance, Claims and Distribution
- Maintain and update key internal and external pricing data sources to ensure confidence in data integrity for the Consumer portfolios.
- Ability to take a lead position in pricing projects, provide guidance to other analysts
Skills & Experience
- Relevant undergraduate degree or post-graduate qualification in Actuarial, Economics,Mathematics, Statistics or a related field.
- 5+ years technical pricing and general insurance knowledge are required.
- Experience in pricing optimization through machine learning will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of key programs and analysis tools such as SAS, SQL, R, Python, Tableau Cognos is required
- Ability to manage complexity and have the flexibility of approach, being able to stay focused when directions change.
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills with a focus on quality.
- Build and maintain collaborative working relationships and effective participation.
- Fellowship / Membership of the Institute of Actuaries. (Desired)
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. We own some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC and WFI.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.