Lead, IT Strategy Delivery and Governance | NSW Sydney All
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| 111-Final GT PD Lead-IT Strategy Delivery and Governance.pdf (PDF, 451KB)
|Application Close Date:||16-Feb-2019|
#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER
The purpose of the role and your unique contribution is to support the delivery of the Group Technology Strategy outcomes through ensuring continual alignment of domain technology strategies (CDO, Data, CTO, CSG) to the Group Technology Strategy and ensure continued delivery to IAG's Business Strategy outcomes.
You will work with domain technology strategy owners to define and refresh an IT roadmap and commercial case that delivers the Group Technology Strategy and supports alignment to business strategy outcomes. You will ensure Group Technology Strategy outcomes are achieved by reporting and monitoring the progress of IT roadmap execution and escalate where appropriate. You will also support the communication of the Group Technology Strategy and roadmap whenever a refresh occurs. You will also support IT strategy governance by facilitating E2E architecture governance and reporting.
- Custodianship of the Group Technology Strategy and roadmap. Ensure domain technology strategies continue to align to Group Technology Strategy and delivers on business strategy outcomes by periodically refreshing the Group Technology Strategy and roadmap
- Develop commercial case for IT roadmap and support GLT / board endorsement
- Support the evangelisation of the Group Technology Strategy and communicate changes
- Consulting services to support strategy and architecture development
- Track and report on initiative deviations from the Group Technology Strategy and provide recommendations to minimise deviations from the target state
- Report and monitor on the progress of Group Technology Strategy roadmap and escalate as required
- Report and monitor on the financial impact of investments in legacy vs target state and drive towards investment in target state
- Facilitate the process of architectural governance by co-ordinating between the Group Tech Demand Management, Initiatives and Architecture teams (Enterprise, Platform, Infrastructure and Security ArchitectsProvide GLT and board level reporting on the progress of execution towards the Group Technology Strategy
- Support IT strategy governance by facilitating E2E architecture governance and reporting.
- Lead and coach a team of specialist to achieve outcomes
- Ensure domain technology strategies continue to align to Group Technology Strategy and delivers on business strategy outcomes by periodically refreshing the Group Technology Strategy and roadmap
Skills & Experience
- 8+ years relevant IT advisory industry experience in developing IT strategies and roadmaps that deliver transformational change
- 5+ years management / technology consulting experience in a tier 1 or 2 consulting company at manager level and above
- Financial Services experience in particular insurance preferred
- Strong knowledge of technology trends across IT and digital and how they can be applied to Insurance companies to address real world problems and opportunities
- Deep experience with program management and technology delivery
- Ability to communicate corporate strategy to customers and prospects
- Strong business communication skills (written and verbal), including ability to effectively present issues, ideas, and solutions, in logical and articulate manner
- Demonstrated hands-on practical implementation experience with modern programming languages, data management and architectural patterns
- Demonstrated experience defining and driving complex organisational change
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand, with a growing presence in Asia. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.