Senior Specialist, Security Architecture | International
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Specialist, Security Architecture PD.pdf (PDF, 302KB)
|Application Close Date:||23-Feb-2019|
#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER
The purpose and unique contribution of your role is to identify and design the security controls that need to be applied to business and technology solutions to ensure that they meet the specified business requirements as well as any pre-defined corporate compliance requirements (e.g. IAG Corporate Security Policies) and are secure by design.
For your role to make a difference you will have strong knowledge and skill in your technology domain and be able to provide thought leadership, be a clear communicator, good problem solver, creative thinker, be able to guide and influence others and drive innovation within the platform.
You will also have the opportunity to develop your capabilities and skills so that they can be utilised more broadly within Group Technology and IAG.
- Identify, report and resolve gaps that may exist in the Application Portfolio Model (APM) and Technology Portfolio Model (TPM) and ensure any deviations are reviewed and undergo governance as per defined processes
- Contribute to the development of the various domain strategies and roadmaps as required to enable realisation of the business strategy whilst also minimising\eliminating technical debt and reducing cyber risk
- Pragmatically use APM and TPM components in the development of security controls and constructively challenge the APM & TPM where there are gaps or deficiencies
- Support the Solution Architect to ensure the overall solution attains the required security certifications as defined by the Cyber Security Group
- Produce architecture deliverables within agreed time and budget
- Keep all stakeholders informed in a timely manner of the status of the deliverables and provide recommendations to ensure informed decisions.
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years' experience in security architecture and demonstrable experience with security architecture development, key design decisions in a large enterprise environment preferably financial industry
- Works with the development of a solution architecture for a specific business problem or environment.
- Describes the contents of deliverables for a specific phase of solution architecture.
- Uses enterprise architecture to obtain and use information relevant to this solution.
- Produces solution outlines and migration paths for moving from baseline state to target state
- Assesses and communicates the business costs, benefits, risks and issues for alternative solutions
- Participates in and contributes to verification, validation and critical design reviews
- Demonstrates expertise in solution architecture for cross-functional and diverse environments
- Works proactively to maintain architectural stability and ensure consistency in designs across projects.
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. We own some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC and WFI.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation (3% kiwisaver), 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.