Lead, Technical Delivery | VIC Melbourne All
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| GT PD Lead-Technical Delivery.pdf (PDF, 400KB)
|Application Close Date:||22-Jan-2019|
#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER
This role sits within Core Platforms team of IAG Group Technology. As a Technical Delivery Lead, you will be acting as a Technical Lead for a team of Guidewire specialists. The intent of the role is to design, develop, support, maintain and deliver solutions to enable our business to deliver the best possible customer experience. You will embrace Agile methodology and support frameworks, lead quality of outcome, support documentation, code quality and team ethos by driving these philosophy's and enabled lower environments.
You will be a key factor in driving the cultural change towards agile and modern delivery models and actively shape the path to our shared goal of platform autonomy with alignment by being a key enabler, to deliver customer outcomes.
- Deliver Capacity and Value to IAG via providing excellent technical leadership ensuring that agile standards are created and enforced.
- Ensuring that detailed technical design decisions are undertaken by contributing to developing the architecture principles and overseeing their execution
- Take ownership of allocated work or initiatives and deliver these on time and within quality expectations.
- Identifying industry tools that are fit for purpose and championing their adoption, providing technical guidance and recommendations to the team and business
- Ensures results are of the highest calibre with clearly articulated scope and quantified business benefit, by directing, complex change involving multiple internal/external constituents and matrix partners
Skills & Experience
- 7 + years of software development experience developing digital and enterprise applications
- Proven commercial experience with Guidewire (mandatory)
- Experience in agile and continuous delivery and continuous improvement in a technology organisation
- Extensive experience in systems integration and Environment Management
- Proven ability to implement generic, re-usable solutions, components or frameworks, including appropriate documentation and training
- Knowledge across architecture disciplines, application development methodologies, tools and modern DevOps
- Proven experience in business and IT relationship management in a cross functional agile team
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me - we value difference, not sameness
#Together - harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes - it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC and WFI.
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, (3% kiwisaver), 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position. #LI-HS1