Lead, Iteration Management | VIC Melbourne All
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| GT PD Lead-Iteration Management.pdf (PDF, 310KB)
|Application Close Date:||22-Jan-2019|
#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER
This role sits within the Core Platforms team of IAG Group Technology. As an Iteration Manager, you would lead multiple agile development teams to deliver key business and technology strategies. Furthermore, you will work collaboratively with our people, customers and partners to uplift agile delivery capability capabilities.
You will deliver value to stakeholders and be responsible for fostering the agile processes within multiple teams. The role collaborates with key stakeholders to deliver exceptional business outcomes through technology delivered change.
- Lead teams to achieve continuous, quality delivery, maintaining a focus on customer value, outcomes that maximise flow
- Coach teams on agile ways of working, fostering continuous improvement to grow agile maturity, resilience and high performance
- Provide a people supervisory role across teams, managing the day to day people responsibilities and development and performance coaching
- Provide transparency and visibility of progress throughout the sprint
- Use technical as well as functional knowledge to remove roadblocks within the team as well as identifying technical risks (e.g. risks with architecture, design, patterns, performance, etc.) and communicate & escalate obstacles requiring outside resolution
- Facilitate the identification and management of interdependencies across teams within a project and across different projects.
- Work with project &/or program management to facilitate & provide estimates and resource requirements to aid forward planning
- Identify technical and delivery risks (e.g. risks with architecture, design, patterns, performance, etc)
- Develop high-performing teams by fostering an environment of continuous improvement, including facilitating decision making and protecting team from distractions
- Continuously improve iteration management capabilities
- Work closely with the Product Owner(s) and/or Project managers during sprints including discussions around the understanding of designs, backlog and product demonstrations (as required)
- Support the development and execution of the platform application strategy ensuring alignment to the enterprise strategy and Technical roadmaps
- Proactively manage demand and capacity with key stakeholders to deliver on prioritised and approved demand, whilst reducing key person dependencies
- Support the Platform to ensure high availability and reliability of the platform as per the agreed service levels
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 5 years practical hands on experience as Iteration Manager or Scrum Master
- Proven agile experience within cross-functional delivery teams
- Ability to coach and mentor agile processes within the team specifically in the delivery of the technology solutions.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and experience, with the ability to engage at all levels of an organisation.
- Thorough understanding of enterprise software development processes and lifecycle; ability to adjust and apply this knowledge in a dynamic empirical environment using agile development
- Tertiary qualification/s in Information Technology or related fields
- Scrum Master or Project Management Certification
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me - we value difference, not sameness
#Together - harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes - it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC and WFI.
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, (3% kiwisaver), 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.