Lead, Unified Communications and Connectivity | National
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| GT PD Lead-Unified Communications and Connectivity.pdf (PDF, 324KB)
|Application Close Date:||21-Jan-2019|
#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER
Lead, Unified Communications & Connectivity | Employee Experience| Group Technology
- IAG is Australia and New Zealand's largest general insurance organisation and the parent company for many leading brands including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Lumley
- Join a team whose mission is to enable world-class technology experiences for IAG's 18,000+ employees and partners across Australia, New Zealand and our other locations
- At IAG, the employee technology experience is directly connected to overall business performance – including enabling better external customer experiences, employee productivity, talent attraction and retention, and innovation
As Lead, Unified Communications & Connectivity you will provide both people and technical leadership to a team of productivity and collaboration specialists within, and external to the team.
The focus of your role will be to provide service ownership for services such as video conferencing, desk phones, Instant messaging, WebEx meetings, SharePoint, Remote Access and Wi-Fi for staff across the IAG group in Australia and NZ.
You will make a difference by understanding business and employee needs, know where the industry is going, and developing and maintaining a service strategy that delivers exceptional outcomes. You will ensure that the services you provide are cost-competitive, meet employee and operational requirements, and your team members are guided to deliver an excellent employee experience.
#IAGGroupTech #EmployeeCollaboration #UnifiedCommunication #ProductManagement
- Work closely with the downstream internal and external service providers on a daily basis to ensure services are delivering the best employee experience possible
- Provide thought leadership, championing quality issues while supporting the extended team in their daily activities with the view of delivering short to medium term strategy as per the strategic roadmap
- Support the manager in the development of business cases to deliver the service roadmap
- Stand in as a 2IC for the reporting manager as required
- Support the manager in the identification and evaluation of new service capabilities and adjustments in service offerings by analysing and aligning to business and/or partner objectives, development of service roadmaps related to partnering objectives, including timelines for technology adoption, refresh, and retirement
- Support effective management of service assets, optimising cost, managing demand and capacity to ensure business needs are met
- Assist with the maintenance of IT service budgets based on an understanding of industry benchmarks, business and partner demand patterns, and cost reduction goals
- Liaise with internal customers identifying their IT needs while also liaising with vendors and external stakeholders to provide tailored solutions
- Build effective working relationships. Work closely with the business and various cross functional teams to manage the platform effectively and better enable end users
- Have an appreciation for cost drivers and alert manager to cost opportunities or risks
- Contribute to both Group Technology and IAG performance with insights, collaborative input and expertise that promotes value creation, innovation and improved performance
- Act as a Technical Lead for delivering key strategic projects, tasks and initiatives
Skills & Experience:
- 6+ years' experience and knowledge of IT technology and infrastructure
- Prior experience managing and mentoring technical teams
- Ability to take ownership of the assigned tasks and completes them with minimal supervision
- Working Knowledge of Incident, Problem, Change and Configuration Management (ITIL)
- Proven ability to delivering to Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Good understanding of contract management and financial management principles
- Excellent documentation skills for technical documentation, knowledge articles and user training.
- Experience in writing policy and procedure documentation
- Demonstrated ability to competently respond to critical system failures
- Ability to appreciate the business value of assigned tasks and to independently steer a course, adjusting the tasks if necessary to achieve the outcome
- Experienced in liaising with IT industry vendors on a regular basis
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation (3% kiwisaver), 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.