Execuitve Manager, Legal - Corporate | NSW Sydney Inner
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| EM, Corporate - PD.DOCX (Word, 58KB)
|Application Close Date:||17-Jan-2019|
#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER
- Play a pivotal role in championing legal excellence and commerciality
- Lead a high performing customer-focused team
- Sydney or Melbourne
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO
We currently have an opportunity for an Executive Manager, Legal – Corporate located in Sydney or Melbourne on a full time permanent basis. Reporting to the Deputy Group General Counsel, the purpose of this role is to provide strategic legal and governance advice and related services, tailored to IAG's corporate and head office functions (including CFO, OCEO, M&A, investor relations, company secretarial, HR). You will champion and support legal compliance and ethical conduct across the organization and lead, inspire and develop a high performing customer-centric legal team.
- Build rich relationships with business partners to truly understand their business drivers and strategic priorities
- Provide high quality, strategic and commercially-focused legal and governance advice and services to your business partners
- Play a key role in managing interactions with regulators and other external bodies
- Ensure the contribution of your team to the development and execution of the LBS Functional Plan
- Evolve work systems and processes for your team and the broader LBS function
- Develop and nurture a highly effective, collaborative team by promoting IAG's values and leadership principles in support of our strategic intent
- Drive results by promoting a clear vision for your team, executing plans to deliver on team priorities and empowering team members to deliver on those priorities
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor of Laws or equivalent
- Qualified as a legal practitioner or admitted to appropriate professional body, with 10+ years PQE
- Extensive top-tier firm or blue chip corporate legal practice experience, in the areas of corporate and securities law, capital markets, mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, corporate governance, general commercial contracts and advisory
- Advanced legal skills (eg technical legal analysis, advice preparation, effective communication, drafting of contractual and other documentation) and depth of commercial experience
- Demonstrated leadership and people management capabilities, along with flexible work practices
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills, along with project management capabilities
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.
Email: email@example.com or Phone: +61 2 9292 3349 for a confidential discussion