Manager, Operations, Governance and Assurance | International
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| 413-Final GT PD Manager-Operations, Assurance and Governance.pdf (PDF, 309KB)
|Application Close Date:||17-Feb-2019|
#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER
The purpose of the role and your unique contribution is to lead and support the establishment and management of a system of work that ensures Technology Risk is proactively and effectively managed as the IAG technical landscape is transformed– to create a technical foundation for a future, customer and ecosystem enabled business operating model.
For your role to make a difference, you will be an experienced risk professional with exceptional organisational and lateral thinking skills. You will enjoy working in ambiguous and fast paced environments applying your skills with a diverse range of stakeholders across the IAG Group. You will also have the opportunity to develop your capabilities and skills so that they can be utilised more broadly within Group Technology and IAG.
- Lead, mentor and coach a team of Risk Assurance Specialists in delivering outstanding 1st line support across Group Technology
- Contribute to the design and execution of the Group Technology assurance strategy
- Role model and promote a pro-active risk management culture in technology
- Work collaboratively with the Group Technology Risk team to ensure Group Technology adheres to Group Risk & Compliance policy and frameworks
- Ensure that Group Technology meets requirements of regulator / audit / governance committee deliverables, contributing to and working with owners to meet quality / timeliness requirements
- Ensure smooth operations for the Group Technology Risk, Controls and Assurance function, ensuring the team is operating in a synchronous manner in line with defined strategy and plans
- Enhance Group Technology risk reporting and Board / Audit Committee updates in line with overall Commercial and Performance Management performance reporting
- Coordination and oversight of compliance related Internal and External Audit engagements within Group Technology
- Work collaboratively with projects, initiatives and remediation activity acting as a risk SME providing advice, guidance and deliverables as required
Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in operational risk management within an Insurance or Financial Services Industry
- Demonstrated competencies with Operational Risk activities within the Three Lines of Defence model
- Experience working with common technology industry standards such as NIST or Cobit 5
- Leadership skills and experience leading / building high performing teams
- Strong relationship building and influencing skills
- Extremely comfortable in working with business and technical people, from senior management to line staff
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand, with a growing presence in Asia. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.