Head of Virtualisation and Software | National
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| GT PD Manager-Virtualisation and Software.pdf (PDF, 360KB)
|Application Close Date:||28-Jan-2019|
#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER
Head of Virtualisation and Software | Employee Experience, Group Technology
- IAG is Australia and New Zealand's largest general insurance organisation and the parent company for many leading brands including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Lumley
- Join a team whose mission is to enable world-class technology experiences for IAG's 18,000+ employees and partners across Australia, New Zealand and our other locations
- At IAG, the employee technology experience is directly connected to overall business performance – including enabling better external customer experiences, employee productivity, talent attraction and retention, and innovation
- You'll make a difference by understanding business and employee needs – keeping abreast of industry trends and delivering technology products and services, and user experiences that align with the needs of our people.
While your technical awareness in the app/desktop virtualisation space is important, your strong business and commercial acumen, and inspirational people leadership, will set you apart.
This position will lead a team of Service Leads, Specialists and Engineers in our Employee Experience team, which is part of Group Technology. You'll report to the Executive Manager, Employee Experience.
Your team will have end-to-end accountability for the following portfolio of services:
- Citrix based virtual application and virtual desktop (VDI) services that are consumed by IAG's partners and some employees
- Group non-standard software catalogue
- Some shared applications
#IAGGroupTech #EndUserComputing #ProductManagement
- End-to-end service lifecycle accountability:
- Understanding employee and partner virtualisation and software needs and experience pain points
- Service strategy, roadmaps, prioritisation and investment planning
- Service Design
- Project sponsorship
- Service operations
- Driving adoption and usage
- Continuous improvement
- Financial: Manage a P&L for your service, forecast effectively, develop and execute strategies to deliver to targets and continually optimise. Manage IT service budgets based on understanding of industry benchmarks, business partner demand patterns, and cost reduction goals. Develop and manage cost recovery for services.
- Risk management: Accountable for service risk profile. Conduct service reviews to identify potential performance improvements, reassess service level targets, or minimise risk of business failure. Holistically measure and manage the long-term strengths and risks of multiple vendor and partnering relationships
- 10+ years in technology business or product management
- Experience managing a $A10m+ per annum P&L for a product or business unit
- Technical expertise, either an engineering degree or equivalent, or 10+ years in engineering management
- 5+ years' experience as a team manager or project manager
- Proven experience in consultancy, facilitation or negotiation leadership
- $A20m+ commercial negotiation and contract management
- Root cause analysis and process optimisation
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures and passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers and each other
#No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation (3% Kiwisaver), 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.