Executive General Manager - Business Risk Advisory | National
|Category:||Risk and Compliance|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| EGM - Business Risk Advisory PD.docx (Word, 58KB)
|Application Close Date:||17-Dec-2018|
#Closer #Braver #Faster
- Executive Opportunity - Group Risk Advisory
- Full time Permanent Opportunity
- Sydney or Melbourne
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO
We have an exciting opportunity that has come available for an Executive General Manager (EGM) – Business Risk Advisory to join IAG's Group Risk on a permanent basis. In this role you will enable, advise and strategically partner with the Australia Region Group Leadership Team(GLT) members in support of ‘future proofing' IAG by bringing leading risk management practices to practical application through your Risk Partners. You will be responsible for promoting and embedding concepts of ‘Risk Intelligence' where emerging risks, external threats and opportunities, as well as potential loss and risk exposure, are considered in IAG's decision making.
A critical success factor for the role is the ability to engage broadly and communicate effectively with a range of senior stakeholders within IAG and externally to understand developing trends and best practice. Translating to practical application within IAG you will support the IAG strategic leadership through development of contemporary, effective and efficient risk management concepts, deemed to be fit for purpose for IAG to deliver on its strategic intent. The role will require the ability to effectively collaborate and influence outcomes with colleagues to achieve tangible objectives.
- Lead, develop and manage the high capability team of Risk Partners providing risk advice and oversight to Australian based business units of IAG.
- Accountable for the enabling of efficient and effective governance of significant risks and related opportunities for the Australia Region, including the Australian Division, Customer Labs and Group Services.
- Direct and oversee the coordination of Australia Regions' delivery of Group Risk Policies and Frameworks, and its approach to Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) by developing strategies to manage strategic, reputational, operational, Re/insurance, financial and compliance related risks. Guide and oversee risk management of contagion risk relevant to the Group and the Australia Region.
- Partner and provide strategic risk guidance, perspectives, insights and challenge to the Australia Region GLT members with regard to risk taking and risk mitigation, including assessment of overall adequacy and effectiveness of the risk management process and internal controls. Escalate systemic issues requiring management attention and assess adequacy of risk management for the “experimental nature” of certain business initiatives, i.e. within Customer Labs .
- Provides strategic leadership advice to IAG CRO in the development of effective and efficient risk management of IAG as it executes its business strategy in line with its strategic intent.
Skills & Experience
- Strategic mindset; strong financial and business acumen; customer focus; cultivates innovation; comfortable to work with ambiguity;
- The ability to engage broadly and communicate effectively with a broad range of stakeholders; operates with a collaborative and outcome focused mindset;
- Demonstrates connected and interdisciplinary thinking (i.e. “across the ‘expanded' value chain”) and brings an “external Lens” to discussions
- Courage; confidence; self-awareness; nimble learning;
- Demonstrates people and talent development; Drives vision and purpose
- Highly developed communication skills; proven capacity to develop strategy combined with practical and action-oriented approach.
How to Apply
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.
Contact Email: Heidi.Ruchotzke@iag.com.au or Phone: 02 9292 3349 for a confidential discussion.