Lead UI Designer | NSW Sydney All
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||30-Dec-2018|
#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER
The Lead UI is a key role in the Experience Design team at IAG being accountable for the overall visual expression of our digital experiences, ensuring they are of high standard, consistent and on brand. The UI Lead works closely with our Design System team and is the connection point into the brand and marketing teams helping to define the digital expression of IAG's iconic brands across customer touchpoints.
This role requires hands-on UI & Visual design on key projects as well as team and people leadership. You'll be defining and refining the UI design methods, standards and tools and leading a team of talented UI Designers in the IAG Design Centre.
- Define and refine quality standards for UI designers to effectively deliver the visual expression of our digital experiences across all digital touchpoints (mobile, web, etc.)
- Create and evolve systems of work that help to ensure our quality standards are met effectively and efficiently by the UI team
- Build knowledge within the team and broader business on effective and best practice, evidence-based UI design via thought leadership
- Be on the tools to deliver exemplary UI design that embodies our quality standards on key projects
- Collaborate with the Design System Team to craft and refine UI components, patterns and interactions to be used across all brands
Skills & Experience
- Min 7 years of professional work experience as a user interface and visual designer
- At least 3 years as a Senior or Lead Designer delivering on complex, multi-channel digital projects
- Expert knowledge of design principles and patterns for iOS, Android and Responsive web; and of contemporary design and development methodologies
- Master design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Invision, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. and the handover process between UX & UI and UI & Development.
- Ability to research and design to best practices
- Ability to articulate design decisions and insights to stakeholders and co-workers through story telling
- Experience working in agency as well as client side in the financial services sector (or similar)
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand, with a growing presence in Asia. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.