Underwriter | NSW Sydney Inner
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||21-Dec-2018|
- Hands on training and development provided
- Flexible & Supportive workplace environment
- Salary $70,000 + Super
IAL started business as a division of the Berkshire Hathaway group of Insurance companies, and provides personal lines insurance products to the Australian market via brokers. The business transferred to IAG as part of the strategic relationship between IAG and Berkshire Hathaway in June 2015. It is a standalone business unit within the IAG Satellite Division. It has a large degree of autonomy and fosters an entrepreneurial and empowering culture.
Our organisation is extremely lean and agile. Customers and brokers have access to our most senior managers and employees are empowered to respond swiftly to our business partners.
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts. Visit our website to find out more www.iag.com.au.
About the role
We currently have a great opportunity to join us and to provide an efficient and professional service by undertaking all aspects of client underwriting by reviewing and approving web based new business opportunities, renewals, endorsements and cancellations within delegated underwriting authorities. Provide administrative and analytical support to the business unit with a range of duties from issuing claims history reports, preparing invoices and matching unallocated payments to technical support and assisting with strategic initiatives.
- Accurate and timely processing of new business, endorsements, cancellations, and renewals generated from web based referrals
- Policy account reconciliation tasks
- Review and action items in the Underwriting Mailbox
- Issue policy claims history reports to brokers as required
- Preparation and maintenance of policy information
- Provision of support, where requested, by other team members and business sectors
Broker relationship management
- Provide exceptional customer service whilst meeting all service level agreements, for telephone, e-mail and web based enquires
- Grow the business by engaging with brokers over the phone and in person
- Develop new and maintain existing broker relationships
- Assist brokers to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes
- Be the face of the business and go to person for all situations
- Be a decision maker to assist broking partners
- Identify opportunities that will enhance the quality of customer service and improve productivity for colleagues across the business unit
- Perform user acceptance testing (writing test cases, running test cases)
- Proactively look for ways to reduce referrals, optimise systems and drive efficiencies for our distribution network
- Researching competitor products to keep up to date with market expectations
- Participating in insurance training as required
Skills & Experience
- Experience in General insurance Underwriting and or other areas such as rural, equipment, etc.
- Face to face meetings experience
- Growing, Servicing and maintaining own portfolio of new and existing clients
- Understanding of Australian insurance industry, regulation and legislation
- Advanced Excel experience
- Insurance sales / development experience
- Excellent client management, advisory and consultancy skills
- Experience in developing relationships with brokers or clients to maintain existing business and grow new business opportunities
- Build and maintain strong individual and company relationships at all levels, including with underwriters and senior management
- Effectively identify and access risk exposures
- Manage business retention and negotiate terms with brokers
- A strong customer focus, service ethic and commitment to excellence.
- Degree in business desired
- Experience as a broker / account executive / BDM / account manager / underwriter
- Knowledge of Steadfast systems and broker relations
- Experience in B2B sales and dealing directly with decision makers
- Experienced in high net worth properties
- Experience in presenting to senior management, underwriters, clients and pricing
- Extensive business network + relations built with Steadfast brokers
- Managing strategic campaigns by working with broker partners to grow business
- Experienced networker in relevant industry
- Demonstrated ability to promote brand within the local business community, the region and nationally
- Additional experience in SME/Liability lines will also be advantageous, but not essential
- The ability to negotiate priorities; setting, managing and delivering on expectations
- Working knowledge of the broker market and industry
How to Apply
To submit your interest in this role, please click the ‘Apply' button below.