Professional Risks Underwriter | VIC Melbourne All
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||18-Jan-2019|
#CLOSER # BRAVER #FASTER
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Professional Risk Underwriter to join our Melbourne CGU team located in CBD on a 12 month assignment. In this role you will focus on producing great customer service and quality underwriting outcomes for our business partners, determining the acceptability, conditions and pricing of Professional Risks products and agreeing on underwriting solutions aligned with our Underwriting guidelines. To succeed in this role, along with your experience and strong attention to detail, you will also have an excellent phone manner, strong communication and relationship building skills.
- Underwriting Professional Risk insurance, adhering to portfolio guidelines and Personal Underwriting authority.
- Delivering Underwriting sales and service to our partners within an efficient timescale, working closely with the team to ensure all priorities and deadlines are met
- Develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills, ensuring work practises are in line with agreed guidelines and protocols
- Proactively encourage our client to utilise our online platforms while coaching them on some of its complexities.
- Referring more complex risks to Lead Underwriters or higher underwriting licence holders
Skills and Experience
- You will preferably have at experience within Professional Risk Underwriting
- Current background in the insurance industry and products
- Have worked in Risk Analysis and Selection
- Relevant industry qualifications e.g. ANZIIF, ANZIIF Cert IV plus field experience
- Experience working with stakeholders and have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Adaptability and trouble shooting skills.
- An ambition to learn and develop.
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
- #Proud to be me - we value difference, not sameness
- #Together - harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
- #No boxes - it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand, with a growing presence in Asia. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
Start your career journey and join an inclusive culture that celebrates YOU!
We offer 13% superannuation, flexible work and leave options. To find out more, click Apply.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.