Automotive Technician | NSW Regional All
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||16-Dec-2018|
#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER
Provide technical risk assessment support and expertise for current and emerging automotive technologies.
- Conduct risk assessments of vehicle design related features of new cars for the purpose of insurance rating - Includes but is not limited to performing assessments of vehicle damageability, security, theft, visibility and head restraints. Tasks involved include sourcing vehicles, measurement of paint, repair times, compiling of data and uploading results to website
- Assist in the research of new emerging technologies like highly automated, autonomous and connected vehicles, intelligent transport systems, IoT, as well as the accompanying cyber security risks - Includes the independent execution of predefined sub tasks contributing to a bigger research initiative, as well as the development of insurance risk assessment procedures based on these
- Assist in special projects on an as-required basis.
- Workshop and associated equipment maintenance
- Visitor and Meeting Support - Preparing site for visits of internal and external customers, showcase technical demonstrations, engage with internal and external customers of various kind. (assessors, board members, media)
Skills & Experience
- Trade experience for at least 1-year post apprenticeship in an automotive repair workshop
- Handling proficiency in MS Windows, MS Office and web-based applications
- Hands on experience in automotive electronics
- Problem Solving | WH&S (Employee Health & Safety) | Skills Acquisition |Security Risk Management | Process Optimisation | Systems Integration | Analytical Thinking |Validation / Critical Thinking | System Analysis and Design |Emerging Technologies |System Analysis and Design | Computer Aided Technologies (CAx) and Rapid Prototyping Technologies
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand, with a growing presence in Asia. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.