Research Consultant | NSW Sydney Inner
|Category:||Marketing, Communications and Corporate Affairs|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Govt Rels Consultant_PD__Final.docx (Word, 52KB)
|Application Close Date:||23-Nov-2018|
#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER
IAG is looking for a passionate and energetic researcher to join our Government and Industry Relations team based in our new head office in Sydney CBD.
In this interesting role you will undertake research and provide support to the Group's government relations management, policy development, and broader reputation management functions.
- Research into policy or reputation areas (including economic and social issues impacting on IAG's strategic goals) and provide input and assistance in preparation of briefs, short papers or other material
- Support the monitoring of developments in the industry, legislative, political and media environment for the insurance sector and advise of trends
- Preparation of the Environmental Scan
- Assist in the preparation of bios for key stakeholders
- Maintain database by federal and state electorates
- Support the implementation of stakeholder plans and organising political stakeholder's participation at events
Skills & Experience
- University degree in relevant discipline such as Arts degree with focus on political science or economics degree Essential
- Strong verbal and written communication skills Essential
- Experience in a political or policy environment Desirable
- Efficient in WORD, Excel & PowerPoint
- Self-motivated and with a high level of initiative
- Passionate and customer driven
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. We own some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC and WFI.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.