Test Analyst | VIC Melbourne All
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||30-Nov-2018|
#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER
The agile Test Analyst is a quality expert passionate in delivering working and usable applications to our customers. This role will ensure quality is built throughout the software development process from concept design to production.
You will be a key factor in driving the cultural change towards agile and modern delivery models as part of a large-scale transformation towards Continuous Delivery and Lean Governance principles. You will actively shape the path to our shared goal of platform autonomy with alignment by being a key enabler.
- Undertake exploratory testing of application systems
- Work within an agile team working on: story estimation, tasks allocations, problem solving
- Analysing the current environment processes and developing testing strategy and documentation
- Analysis of business requirements, functional specifications, UX designs and any other supporting documentation
- Acceptance criteria testing, perform defect identification, classification, management and reporting
- Undertake peer reviews of test scenarios for accuracy, completeness, and traceability to business requirements
- Analyse and log incidents/defects using appropriate defect management tool. Assist with defect rectification, re-testing, and test reporting
- Apply specification by example to define story acceptance scenarios using the gherkin language
- Improve upon the team's practices in Behaviour Driven Development
- Learn, develop and improve the systems and tools required for test execution and management
- Participate in agile team ceremonies
- Work with automation developers to ensure automation scripts have appropriate coverage
- Work with developers to ensure CI workflow and unit test coverage is appropriate
Skills & Experience
- 4+ years Test Analyst experience
- Jira/Leankit, able to raise, track and report on issues
- Behaviour Driven Development, specification by example, Gherkin
- Able to implement a problem tracking methodology
- Knowledge of insurance underwriting rules and retail processes
- Experience working in Agile or Devops environment
- ISTQB Foundation Test Analyst Certification
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.