Specialist, Commercial Pricing | National
|Category:||Actuarial and Statistical|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Specialist, Commercial Pricing.docx (Word, 56KB)
|Application Close Date:||10-Nov-2018|
#CLOSER #FASTER #BRAVER
- CBD Sydney or Melbourne CBD based
- Flexible Work Arrangments/50%Insurance Discounts
- 13% Superannuation
The Commercial Pricing Specialist role will play an integral part in the success of the Commercial Pricing team. The role will be responsible for identifying opportunities to drive profitable growth through our portfolios, using a unique pricing and analysis skillset overlayed with commercial judgement. This will involve balancing volume and price to achieve an ‘optimised' pricing outcome.
In this role, you will be working closely with the Customer Segment Executive Managers to develop the appropriate book price positions. All while demonstrating Closer, Braver, Faster and lived by the values of our spirit.
- Manage the approach to recognise, anticipate and resolve pricing issues and strategies in the commercial, complex and specialty segments.
- Utilise the technical pricing models developed by Analytics to drive pricing outcomes, overlaying elasticity models and competitor price movements to achieve margin and growth targets.
- Contribute valuable insights into the strategic portfolio planning (SPM) discussions and actively support the execution of pricing strategies.
- Maintain and update key internal and external pricing data sources to ensure confidence in data integrity for the Commercial portfolios.
Skills & Experience
- Relevant undergraduate degree or post-graduate qualification in Actuarial, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field.
- 5+ years technical pricing and machine learning experience within general insurance portfolios.
- Knowledge of key programs and analysis tools e.g. SAS, SQL, Radar, Tableau, Cognos etc.
- Ability to manage complexity and have the flexibility of approach, being able to stay focused when directions change.
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills with a focus on quality.
- Build and maintain collaborative working relationships and effective participation.
- Fellowship / Membership of the Institute of Actuaries. (Desired)
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. We own some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC and WFI.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.