Technical Advisor | VIC Melbourne All
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Technical Advisor updated 241017.docx (Word, 48KB)
|Application Close Date:||19-Oct-2018|
- Permanent opportunity commencing November
- Melbourne based position
- 13% superannuation
#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER
CGU has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Workers Compensation professional to join our Victorian Workers Compensation claims team working as an Technical Advisor based in Melbourne CBD. This is a wonderful opportunity to utilise your experience while improving outcomes for injured Victorian workers.
This role is to provide team members with guidance, support and coaching in relation to technical and legal aspects of the claims management process. This includes review of claims, endorsement of decisions, and attending case conferences with claims staff and employers as required.
- Support the Team Leader to influence and achieve maximum performance results in the areas of service delivery, return to work, and claim liability management across a claims team.
- Ensure compliance requirements are achieved and maintained to support WorkSafe claims management and legislative expectations.
- Coordinate the delivery and completion of exception reporting which ensures claims teams consistently adhere to legislated requirements and guidelines.
- Attend and coordinate case conferences which supports Claims Consultants strategizing claims efficiently and effectively enabling entitlements to be appropriately assessed in accordance with legislative requirements.
- Provide day to day supervision and development of the aligned claims team in conjuction with the Team Leader.
Skills & Experience
- Min 3 years in a similar role
- Legal background highly desirable
- Reviewing legislation notices experience
- Good people experience and technically savvy
- Understanding of workers compensation
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. We own some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC and WFI.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.