Senior Specialist Lawyer, Corporate | NSW Sydney Inner
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Senior Specialist Lawyer, Corporate PD.docx (Word, 56KB)
|Application Close Date:||22-Jan-2019|
#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER
- Legal and Board Services, Corporate
- Champion legal compliance
- Join a high performing customer centric team
We currently have an exciting position for a Senior Specialist Corporate Lawyer in Sydney on a full time permanent basis. In this role you will showcase your M&A (Mergers & Acquisitions) expertise as you provide legal and related services to IAG's group services functions. Critical to your success will be your ability to engage broadly and communicate effectively with a range of senior stakeholders. You will have the opportunity to build rich partnerships, work collaboratively in a high performing customer centric team and champion ethical conduct and practices.
- Provide high quality legal and related services, including initiating and providing strategic counsel, legal risk management and legal project management services in a timely manner
- Build deep and effective relationships with business partners and peers to understand their business drivers and strategic priorities
- Develop an engagement model with IAG's external legal providers and other outsourced service providers that aligns with IAG's strategic objectives and priorities
- Drive results by meeting the objectives of your team and those of our business partners as well as the team's priorities
- Evolve work systems and processes for your team and the broader LBS function
- Play an active role in the effective execution of the LBS Functional Plan (including goals/targets, strategic initiatives and objectives/key results)
- Contribute to building and sustaining a highly effective, collaborative team
- Contribute to a high-performance culture within IAG Legal
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor of Laws or equivalent
- Qualified as a legal practitioner or admitted to the appropriate professional body
- Extensive legal practice experience in the areas of corporate and securities law, capital markets, mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, corporate governance, general commercial contracts and advisory
- Advanced legal skills (eg written communications, advisory, contract drafting and relationship building)
- Demonstrated stakeholder management and the ability to triage multiple priorities
- Basic understanding of general insurance and/or the broader financial services industry will be highly regarded, but not essential
- Strong decision making and critical thinking skills
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. We own some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC and WFI.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.
Contact Email: Heidi.email@example.com or Phone Heidi Ruchotzke on +61 2 9292 3349 for a confidential discussion.