Senior/Principal Actuarial Analyst | NSW Sydney All
|Category:||Actuarial and Statistical|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Senior Actuarial Analyst.docx (Word, 50KB)
|Application Close Date:||20-Oct-2018|
#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER
You will provide support within the Group Actuarial team in promoting the understanding of uncertainty associated with the Group's material risks to Executive and Senior Business leaders across Australia, NZ and IAG's Asian Joint Ventures. The role supports the office of the Chief Actuary in modelling and advising on the valuation of insurance liabilities and risk-based capital.
We are looking for a near qualified or recently qualified actuary to join the Australian Reserving team. This Sydney-based role will be within the Australian Consumer Reserving team. You will be able to take responsibility for the analysis and modelling of your allocated portfolios of Home, Motor or CTP.
It is a time of technical change within Actuarial Reserving and your participation in enabling these changes will be highly valued. You will be comfortable in talking to and influencing stakeholders on a regular basis. We are looking for someone who can grow into a key member of the Australian Reserving team in the near term.
Qualifications & Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in an appropriate Technical discipline e.g. Actuarial, Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science, Finance, Engineering
- Prior practical experience (minimum 3/5 years for senior/principal) in the analysis of complex data, with a preference to experience in General Insurance Actuarial roles
- Practical experience with analytical software such as SAS, Excel, SQL, R or Python
- A good communicator and team player
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand, with a growing presence in Asia. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
- Support offered for Actuarial studies
- 13% Super
- 50% insurance discounts
- Flexible work and leave options
- Recognition and reward program
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.