Claims Consultant | NSW Sydney Inner
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||10-Oct-2018|
#Closer #Braver #Faster
We currently have an opportunity for a Claims Consultant to join the CGU Commercial team located in Sydney; the office location could be Parramatta or in the Sydney CBD based on your preference. In this position you will be responsible for managing a portfolio of claims, liaising with key stakeholders and processing claims in accordance to CGU polices. This position will require you to utilise your excellent communication and time management skills whilst providing a high level of customer service and display empathy to succeed.
- Proactive management of commercial claims in an efficient, fair and timely manner
- Apply knowledge of relevant legislation, guidelines, regulations and internal policy and procedures to manage the major steps of the claims lifecycle
- Perform coverage evaluations and research from gathering and documenting relevant information in the system as required
- Maintain and support relationships with customers including, internal and external stake holders
- Working within a multi state team while based in one of our Sydney offices
Skills & Experience
- Strong analytical, negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a remotely managed team
- Excellent verbal and written communication; as well as exceptional customer service
- The capacity to efficiently manage your time and work under pressure to meet targets
- Previous experience managing a portfolio of claims is advantageous
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
- #Proud to be me - we value difference, not sameness
- #Together - harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
- #No boxes - it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand, with a growing presence in Asia. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.