Business Performance Manager | National
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| STC NTC Manager Business Performance_24092017.docx (Word, 58KB)
|Application Close Date:||24-Sep-2018|
#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER
As a subject matter expert you will lead a team to identify trends; sub optimal service delivery and commercial performance; perform deep dive analysis to deliver critical insights; and importantly to make recommendations for improvement based on the same. You will focus on National Technical Claims Teams (NTC) such as recoveries, settlements, investigation and litigations.
This is a 12 month contract role and can be performed in Sydney CBD or Melbourne CBD.
- Define a performance framework strategy for Short Tail Claims (STC)
- Provide highly effective customer reports and insights that enable a clear, fact-based view of customer ‘performance' to inform operational decision-making
- Utilise detailed and up to date knowledge of the Short Tail Claims (STC) business (its financial performance, KPI results, resourcing and risk management) to leverage key strengths and take corrective action to target areas of improvement to ensure financial year budgeted commercial and customer metrics are achieved
- Measure and evaluate core operational data and service performance to identify process improvement opportunities and efficiencies and to drive innovation in support of the financial year commercial and service targets
- Support the delivery of commercially realistic budgets through providing subject matter expertise for the budget and forecasting process for expenses and claims costs, including analysis to senior management
Skills & Experience
- 8 years' experience in an analytical role using data to provide recommendations to business
- Experience leading a high performing team and deliver capability uplift within a changing environment
- Able to build and maintain collaborative working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Effective participation in leadership team environment
- Sound negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent PC skills, including reporting & analysis tools such as SQL, Tableau, Cognos, SAS, MS Excel
- Tertiary qualification/s in business, finance, management or related fields
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand, with a growing presence in Asia. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.