Senior Cyber Security Analyst | NSW Sydney All
|Category:||Risk and Compliance|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Senior Cyber Security Analyst 2016.docx (Word, 48KB)
|Application Close Date:||24-Oct-2018|
#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER
The Senior Security Analyst is to provide focused expert knowledge and strategic view around predicting, preventing, detecting and responding to cyber security threats, as well as designing, and operating the core technologies used by the Cyber Threat Detection and Response team.
The role sits in the Defence and Threat Disruption area, which is part of the larger Cyber Threat Detection and Response team.
- Providing situational awareness and reporting on cyber security status, incidents, and trends in adversary behaviours to the appropriate internal and external parties – 20%
- Prevention of cyber security incidents through proactive:
- - Continuous threat analysis;
- - Network and host scanning for vulnerabilities;
- - Countermeasure deployment coordination;
- - Security policies, architecture and control design advisory - 20%
- Monitoring, detection and analysis of potential intrusions in real time and through historical trending on security relevant data sources – 20%
- Respond to confirmed cyber security incidents, by coordinating resources and directing use of timely and appropriate countermeasures – 20%
- In collaboration with the Adaptive Response and Engineering area, operates the Cyber Defence Centre technologies, such as SIEM, DLP, data collection and analysis systems – 10%
- In collaboration with the Threat Analytic Cell area, perform threat hunting activities to detect unknown unknown and develop new detection methodologies.
Skills & Experience
- 5 – 10 years of experience in large and complex organisations, with 3-5 years of experience working in a threat management, SOC or Threat Intel capability.
- Lateral thinker / curious / positive mind set / systematic approach to troubleshooting
- Knowledge of operating systems
- Proficiency on networking skills and comfortable reading / working at the network layer.
- Comfortable to work as an incident responder and dealing with cyber incidents
- Penetration testing skills & experience
- Experience working as a Security Operation Centre team member
- Knowledge of scripting and programming languages (e.g. bash, perl, python, C)
- Experience performing pro-active cyber hunting
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand, with a growing presence in Asia. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.