Injury Management Advisor - CBD | VIC Melbourne All
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||19-Oct-2018|
#Closer #Braver #Faster
CGU has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Workers Compensation professional to join our Victorian Workers Compensation claims team working as an Injury Management Advisor based in Melbourne CBD.
This is an opportunity to utilise your experience while improving outcomes for injured Victorian workers. You will also support the claims team with medical advice while identifying areas in which we could work that could better support the recovery of injured workers.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to promote injury management awareness
- Offer expertise which results in a positive claim outcome.
- Provide professional medical/injury management advice to colleagues through training and coaching.
- Develop effective claims management strategies for complex injury claims.
- Achieve recovery outcomes within expected timeframes.
- Actively participate in the development of departmental best practices and get involved in projects across the business.
Skills & Experience
- Experience in handling a complex and diverse portfolio of Workers' Compensation Claims.
- Show leadership attributes and an ability to confidently voice opinions.
- Ability to build rapport and establish relationships
- Resilient, displays empathy and able to communicate with all walks of life
- Displays a drive for results and is outcome focused
- Ability to prioritise and manage time effectively
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
- #Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
- #Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
- #No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.