Senior Specialist Lawyer, Agility | National
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD - SSL Legal Agility (employment commercial).DOCX (Word, 56KB)
|Application Close Date:||07-Sep-2018|
#Closer #Braver #Faster
- Sydney or Melbourne based
- Full time permanent position
The purpose of the role and your unique contribution is to provide governance, compliance and legal advice tailored to your functional area, champion and support legal compliance and ethical conduct and practices; and contribute to a high performing, customer-focussed team.
- Establishing deep and effective relationships with business partners and peers to understand their business drivers and strategic priorities.
- Providing high quality, strategic and commercially focused legal and governance advice to your business partners, including, by effectively managing external counsel.
- Monitoring legislative/regulatory changes and provision of advice to IAG to proactively identify issues which may impact strategy, operational issues or business processes.
- Project manage all legal aspects of new projects and initiatives as directed from time to time.
- Driving results by meeting the objectives of your team and those of our business partners and contributing to and meeting the team's priorities.
- Contribute to building and sustaining a highly effective, collaborative team
- Contribute to a high performance culture within IAG Legal
Skills & Experience
- Legal practice experience > 5 years
- Top-tier and prior-inhouse experience highly regarded
- Legal practice experience in applicable functional area of application > 5 years, including employment, industrial relations and WHS, general commercial contracting, partnering, JVs, procurement, outsourcing and legal project management
- Highly developed legal skills (eg advisory, contract drafting)
- Strong decision making and critical thinking skills
- Advanced customer service and stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to triage multiple priorities and work autonomously in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position