Executive Manager, Risk Advisory | National
|Category:||Risk and Compliance|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| EM - Business Risk Advisory final redesign workshop (003).pdf (PDF, 374KB)
|Application Close Date:||20-Aug-2018|
#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER
IAG's purpose is to make your world a safer place and IAG's Risk Function is at the centre of this promise. IAG's Risk Management principles are underpinned by our belief that we can make tomorrow safer than it is today for all of the people who count on us. We can make a difference that helps people, communities and society prosper.
Business Risk Advisors are representatives of the Group Risk Function. They advise and support bespoke business portfolios on matters of governance, risk and compliance. Risk Advisors bring a deep understanding of the core insurance, distribution and operational processes to IAG's senior leaders. Coupled with an agile curiosity, Risk Advisors help scan both the internal and external environments for heightened risks, new risks and emerging risks, including evolving business models, advancements in technology and shifts in community and regulatory expectations. They ensure implications across the value chain are brought into consideration while applying the IAG's Risk Management practices.
- Oversee, challenge and provide advice to the business unit leadership team on the business units management of Governance, Risk & Compliance across all risk classes, including contagion risks and emerging risks. Work closely with the 1st line to provide insights using risk information to guide business decisions.
- Partner with the 1st line to roll-out and implement group level frameworks, policies and procedures across the region; ensure and provide assurance that the management of all relevant risks in the business unit is undertaken in a manner consistent with the IAG Risk Management Strategy.
- Ensure the business unit understands the capabilities required to operate to the IAG target risk maturity and complies with IAG's Risk policies and frameworks.
- Provide advice and guidance to business unit leadership teams on risk taking and risk mitigation within risk appetite. Assist the 1st line in the identification and reporting of systemic and material issues across business units, divisions and at the regional level
- Support the EGM Business Risk Advisory with the execution of contemporary, effective and efficient risk management concepts, deemed to be fit for purpose for IAG.
- Ensure business unit risk management processes have an appropriate consideration of “across the value chain” and stakeholder expectations, including customer and community expectations.
- Risk Advisors are the first point of contact for regional regulatory matters.
- Develop and nurture culture and talent across IAG, promote IAG's values and apply IAG's leadership principles in support of IAG's strategic intent. In particular, champion effective risk practices for risk aware behaviours and ethical conduct being firmly embedded in IAG's culture.
Skills & Experience
- Strategic mindset; financial and business acumen; customer focus; cultivates innovation; comfortable to work with ambiguity;
- The ability to engage broadly and communicate effectively with a broad range of stakeholders; operates with a collaborative and outcome focused mindset
- Demonstrates connected and interdisciplinary thinking (i.e. “across the ‘expanded' value chain”) and brings an “external Lens” to discussions
- Courage; confidence; self-awareness; nimble learning; strong influencer
- Demonstrates people and talent development; promotes vision and purpose
- Financial Services / Insurance experience (General, Life, Reinsurance preferred) or expert experience relevant to advise the respective business unit
- Multi discipline organisational experience at Management Level
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me - we value difference, not sameness
#Together - harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes - it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance in Australia.
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.