Risk Engineer | NSW Sydney All
|Category:||Risk and Compliance|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||06-Sep-2018|
#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER
- Career Progression Opportunities
- Flexible work arrangement
- Car provided + 13% Superannuation
You will have a deep understanding of client risk profiles (property loss prevention focus) and work influentially with underwriters, clients and intermediaries by proposing pragmatic risk treatment options. You will be able to confidently consult to our clients in order to reduce their risk profile and subsequently reducing the risk of IAG's underwriting portfolio.
Your role will include, but not limited to the following:
- Provide accurate, informative and timely site risk appraisals that provide optimal risk information to underwriters
- Provide risk management solutions and options to clients
- Deliver accurate, comprehensive and timely written reports
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure all risk services are delivered in a consistent, coordinated, efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Educate Brokers, Partners, Customers and Underwriters around existing exposures and industry best practice risk mitigation strategies.
- Maintain industry knowledge relevant to the client portfolio, regulatory changes, compliance and demonstrate a solid understanding of Australian and International Standards.
- Supports sales and growth of product through attendance and contribution to marketing activity and customer engagement.
- Participate as subject matter expert in ad-hoc risk related projects as required.
Skills & Experience
- 5-10 years' experience in Risk Engineering (or with a minimum of 3-5 practical industrial experience)
- Well-developed commercial acumen, looking to balance the drive for improvement with recognition of stakeholder needs
- Strong ability to report on and critically analyse risk performance and provide guidance and recommendations
- Strong influencing, negotiation and communication skills, both written and verbal to all levels within a company.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues, customers, and key stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge of compliance, regulatory, Australian and International Standards relevant to property loss prevention.
- At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
- #Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
- #Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
- #No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
- IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand, with a growing presence in Asia. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
- Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
- In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
- We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.