Consultant, Professional Risk Claims | VIC Melbourne Inner
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||23-Aug-2018|
#Closer #Braver #Faster
About the Role
- This role is part of the team in Melbourne which manages professional risk indemnity claims from lodgement to finalisation. Key among the many functions required in the role to deliver best-practice customer experiences and claim outcomes include:
- initial claim triage;
- assessing policy response, the insured's liability and the likely cost of the claim;
- highly accurate claim-reserving on a most-probable-outcome basis;
- customer-service focus – clear and timely communication with our internal and external stakeholders, particularly brokers, and with the insured;
- dispute resolution skill, including settlement negotiation, strategic claims' management and direction and management of appointed external lawyers in appropriate cases;
- support the achievement of CGU's objective of being a leader in the intermediated insurance industry by demonstrating behaviours which enable effective teamwork and proactive, efficient Claims management;
- ensure that claims are managed within financial authorities and in the best interests of IAG and the policyholder;
- ensure claims are escalated to the appropriate team member for approval if they are above the set delegation.
Required Experience, Capabilities & Skills:
- Experience in management of professional indemnity claims to optimal outcomes.
- Ability to build and maintain service quality and customer service excellence to achieve desired service metrics.
- Ability to effectively build and manage relationships with all key internal and external stakeholders.
Required Education/ Qualifications:
- Relevant legal or equivalent tertiary degree (preferred)
- Professional risks insurance claims' experience (required)
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'